- 7 to 9 p.m., Tuesday, Feb. 9, 2021
- Learn via Zoom; login credentials emailed prior to meeting.
- Using Circular Filters with Digital Cameras, presented by John Nixon.
- Nature Photography Techniques, presented by Charles Morris
- Above, Hummingbird Theatrics, an award winner by Charles.
Join two award winning club members as they explain and discuss favorite techniques to make and enhance digital images.
John, above right, is the club’s immediate past president, who will explain the use of ultraviolet (UV), polarizing and neutral density filters. He will discuss the pros and cons of each, as well as when to use them.
Charles, whose bird and nature photos regularly earn awards, will discuss his techniques for capturing hummingbirds in flight, macro photography, natural settings and night photography.
Both presenters are avid and talented hobbyist photographers. John is retired from BSNF and Charles from internet security positions. Both received top awards throughout 2020 and in 2020 year-end club competition.
- Download a fillable form, sign and mail with your 2021 dues check to the address on the form: PDF 2021 FWCC Membership Enrollment
- Pay dues for calendar year 2021 now or in January to be eligible for competition.
- Learn more about Membership.
- Dues are $40 for individuals and $20 for students age 18 or younger.
We meet via Zoom at 7 p.m. the first and third Thursday of each month. We hope to return to in-person meetings in 2021 when it is safe for us to do so.
Friendly longhorns, above, by Roy O’Rear.
These Fort Worth Camera Club posts are no longer live on the website. If you need information related to these 2019 programs, outings and workshops, please email the club at email@example.com.
Follow us on this site and on Facebook to find new programs and workshops online in 2021. These are open to anyone interested in photography; competition is open to members. Join us: PDF 2021 Membership Enrollment.
- Plan a Trip to Iceland, Jan. 3, 2019
- Capturing Light, Jan. 8, 2019
- Visit Stony’s Old Buildings, Jan. 19, 2019
- Spring Blooms Outing, Feb. 23, 2019
- All About Aerial Photography, Feb. 7, 2019
- Browne’s Salvage Yard Outing, March 9, 2019
- Finding creative Abstracts, March 7, 2019
- Smoky Mountains Outing, May 2019
- Focus Stacking and Hyper Focus, April 9, 2019
- From DSLR to Mirrorless, April 4, 2019
- St. Olaf’s Church Outing, April 6, 2019
- Travel Photography, May 2, 2019
- Birds in Focus, March 13, 2019
- Discover Your Creativity Program, June 6, 2019
- Night Photography Workshop, July 9, 2019
- How I Got the Shot, Aug. 1, 2019
- Fort Worth at Night Outing, Aug. 10, 2019
- Making and Enjoying Prints Program, Sept. 5, 2019
- Macrophotography Workshop, Sept. 10, 2019
- All About Studio Lighting Workshop, Sept. 10, 2019
- Arkansas Park Outing, Nov. 14-16, 2019
- Photographic Portraiture, Oct. 3, 2019
- Using Photoshop Layers, Oct. 22, 2019
- Working in a Fast Jet World, Nov. 7, 2019
- Fall Foliage at the Japanese Garden, Dec. 3, 2019
- 7:30 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 27, 2020
- Register online via Zoom, free, open to Fort Worth Camera Club participants and generously shared by Dallas Camera Club and Canon USA
- Through the Lens of Adam Jones
Adam Jones is an internationally recognized nature, travel and wildlife photographer who joined the Canon USA Explorers of Light program in 2006. This group of 60-plus photographers share their vision and support the photography industry at workshops around the world.
Adam’s presentations respond to questions from participants, who usually ask about:
- HDR that looks real
- Focus stacking for unlimited depth of field
- Macro techniques
- Telephoto techniques for wildlife
- Full and fill flash
- High ISO noise reduction
- Camera setup
- Composition and lighting
Adam’s award-winning photography is widely published and featured in national advertising campaigns for clients such as Canon, Ford, Eddie Bauer, Miller Beer and Honda. He is represented by Getty Images, Photo Researchers and Danita Delimont Stock Photography.
Missed this workshop? Find Susan’s cellphone to Windows 10 tips: PDF Helpful Links Cell Phone Workshop.
- 7 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 15, 2020 (Rescheduled from Aug. 18)
- Online via Zoom; login with one-time Meeting ID: 881 7590 6415 and Passcode: 673309
- Download Images from Your Phone for Easy Processing, presented by Susan Taylor, followed by Lightroom Q&A with Robert Chura
- Above, Little Brown Jug, an award winner by Susan.
Susan, an Apple Store representative, is familiar with both iPhones and Android models. Robert, one of the club’s Master photograpers, uses Lightroom to process his award winning images.
Susan will offer tips for transferring phone images to a computer as quickly and easily as possible so that they can be processed using Lightroom, Photoshop and other programs.
Robert, who regularly provides Lightroom workshops for the club, will answer questions and share tips for using the software.
If you have a question about phone photography or Lightroom, join us on Zoom and bring it to the discussion. All are invited to ask questions and to share a favorite technique or trick to make Lightroom more productive.