These are digital competition entries for March 2020. We’re sharing everyone’s creativity during this trying time; we hope you will enjoy the talents of Fort Worth Camera Club members and be inspired to make great images.
We also publish the monthly winners in our Award Winning Images post. Some print images are included.
Stay healthy and safe, follow COVID-19 protection precautions.
Due to the gathering restrictions that forced the cancellation of our Fort Worth Camera Club meetings, your Contest Committee has made these changes to our contests until we can resume meeting in person.
- The Print contest will be canceled until we can resume public gatherings.
- The Digital contest will continue as usual. So please continue to participate and turn in your images by midnight of the first Thursday of the month – April 2, May 7 and June 4. Monthly entries will be published on the website by the second Thursday meeting.
- Competition winners will be published on this website in the Award Winning Images post.
- Print entries from the March contest will be held until the next meeting.
- Learn more about Competition, find contest PDF 2020 Competition Guidelines
If you have any questions, please contact Shawn Gibson or Ken Spencer .
Thank you, stay safe.
Fort Worth Camera Club Competition Committee
Be sure to follow Corona virus (COVID-19) precautions: stay home if you are coughing or feel sick or think you may have been exposed, cough and sneeze into your elbow rather than your hands, don’t shake hands, don’t touch your face, use hand sanitizer.
These images are winners in monthly club member competitions.
Images are identified by title; award (1st, 2nd, 3rd, honorable mention, Best in Show); category (B = Beginner, A = Advanced, M= Master); followed by photographer’s name, date. If images are slow to load, recycle the page.
View all entries beginning in March 2020. We’re sharing all entries from our talented members during our meeting hiatus. Competition will continue online, and we hope you will be inspired to enter each month.
Enjoy, but remember: these images are copyrighted by the photographer. Contact us on Facebook or by email if you want more information. Or, do an online search for “stock photos.”
Awards were presented to Photographers of the Year and Images of the Year at the annual Awards Banquet on Dec. 5, 2019.
Winners are those who enter monthly competition during the year, receive monthly awards and accumulate points for ribbon-earning prints and digital images. Competition is open to those who pay current year dues.
Want to compete? Join the club and learn about rules and judges, and get feedback about your photos. Competition is a great way to learn and, who knows? You could win a ribbon, too!
The Bird will continue to perch on the podium at Fort Worth Camera Club meetings in 2020. The club won the 2019 annual competition with the Dallas Camera Club by a score of 342 points to 325. Entries were collected and assembled by the clubs’ Competition Committees.
Judges reviewed 15 prints and 15 digital images from each club with a maximum score of 15 points per image. Fort Worth scored 171 points to edge Dallas’ 167 for digital images and 171 to 158 points for print images.
Judges viewed images Oct. 29 in Dallas. In 2020, the Emily Guthrie Smith competition will be held in Fort Worth. (As with monthly club competitions, judges are not members of either club and do not have information about entrants.)
The 2019 winners are:
- 1st Place – Rose X, Roy Richardson, Fort Worth
- 2nd Place – Tree and Moon, John Nixon, Fort Worth
- 3rd Place – Emergence, Shawn Gibson, Fort Worth
- Honorable Mention – Intense, Jerry Turner, Fort Worth
- 1st – Coming Home, David Morgan, Fort Worth; above
- 2nd – Magnified Moonflower, Clinton Kemp, Dallas
- 3rd – Wintertime, David Copeland, Fort Worth
- Honorable Mention – Speed Vaping, Ron Shue, Fort Worth
View the 15 digital entries below, learn more about the contest; find scores (members only.)