Have fun with photography with our monthly photo challenge. Subjects and guidelines are explained below. This is open to anyone interested in exploring their creative vision. Remember to be careful and safe when out and about, especially in our changeable Texas weather. Above, Barber’s Book Store by Tyler Nicole.
Due date Subject
JAN 14 Barber’s Book Store, 901 Throckmorton St., Fort Worth (interior)
FEB 18 Fort Worth Stock Show Midway Area Outdoors (Jan. 13 thru Feb. 4)
MAR 18 The Best Hat Store, 2739 N. Main, Fort Worth (Interior)
APR 15 Flatiron Building, 1000 Houston at 9th St., Fort Worth (Exterior; black and white.)
MAY 13 Lake Weatherford Boardwalk, 1299 W. Lake Dr., Weatherford, TX
JUN 17 U.S. Postal Service Building, 251 W. Lancaster Ave., Fort Worth; interior or exterior
JUL 15 Main Street Bridge over Trinity River, 1400 N. Henderson St., Fort Worth
AUG 12 In the Kitchen – A kitchen or a kitchen object (Interior)
SEP 16 T & P Rail Station, 221 W. Lancaster Ave., Fort Worth (Interior or Exterior)
OCT 14 Tarrant County College – Trinity River Campus East, 245 E. Belknap St., Fort Worth (Exterior)
NOV 18 Sunset or Sunrise shot at the Lake Worth Mosque Point Shelter, 8375 Cahoba Dr., Fort Worth (Exterior)
The Photo Challenge will be separate from monthly member competition and will not have scores or awards; it’s for fun, sharing ideas and learning how other members view the same subjects. Here’s how it works:
- Each month has an assigned subject.
- Photos must be taken after Dec. 20, 2022.
- Members may enter up to three images each month.
- The images will be shown following the monthly workshop and posted as a group on Facebook as an album and perhaps on our website.
- The images will be displayed in no particular order and the photographer’s name will be announced. Questions and positive comments are welcome as the image is shown. We want to enjoy the range of creativity of our members.
Submission of Images
- Rename your images using your first and last name with a space in between; put a number 2 after your name if entering a second image, and a number 3 if submitting a third image
- No need to remove metadata.
- Re-size your images to 1920 pixels wide and 1280 pixels high
- Email them to email@example.com on or before the due date with a subject line of “FWCC Photo Challenge Submission.”