These images are winners in 2020 monthly club member competitions.
Images are identified by title; award (1st, 2nd, 3rd, honorable mention, Best in Show); category (B = Beginner, A = Advanced, M= Master); followed by photographer’s name, date. If images are slow to load, recycle the page.
Enjoy, but remember: these images are copyrighted by the photographer. Contact us on Facebook or by email if you want more information. Or, do an online search for “stock photos.”
We also publish the monthly winners in our Award Winning Images post. Some print images are included. Find judge’s comments (members only.)
In-person meetings are suspended until further notice, but digital competition continues. Stay healthy and safe, follow COVID-19 protection precautions.
Updated May 11, 2020
- In-person Club meetings will be cancelled until at least September. UNTHSC is not yet open for public meetings.
- Club workshops will be conducted on Zoom starting in June with Robert Chura as the first presenter. He will explain his image planning and processing steps. Robert is a Master photographer, regular award winner and a long-time Club member.
- We hope to host programs online and schedule outings in small groups with social distancing. Please check this website and Facebook regularly.
- We hope you will continue to participate in online activities, and we hope you are safely able to enjoy making photos at home and outdoors.
- We look forward to seeing you online!
Published March 11, 2020
Our regularly scheduled March 19, April and May meetings at UNTHSC have been cancelled due to concerns about COVID-19, the novel corona virus.
We meet at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, which has closed its public meeting rooms through the end of May to help protect its campus and students, and the many community members who use its facilities.
Medical professionals and the Centers for Disease Control recommend that we avoid gatherings and groups to help manage the virus. About 100 people regularly attend our first and third Thursday meetings.
These monthly meetings at UNTHSC are cancelled:
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
- April 28 workshop
- May 7
- May 21
Please follow us on Facebook and this website for updated information about club activities. We will provide additional information about outings not at UNTHSC, competition, programs and future events on these sites and by email. Thank you for your membership and your understanding.
We encourage you to consult with your health care provider and follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and its experts in the study, treatment and prevention of viral illness. Here are tips:
- If you feel ill, have a cough or shortness of breath, stay home and contact your medical provider.
- If you think you may have been exposed to the corona virus, stay home and contact your medical provider.
- Avoid large gatherings and groups of people.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Don’t shake hands with others.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds (Sing the Happy Birthday Song twice).
- Use hand sanitizer; let it dry on your hands.
Find current information from these sources:
We hope to see you at an outing or future meeting. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.
Above, Hot and Dusty O6 Ranch, Alpine, Aimee Martin
- 7 p.m., Thursday, June 4, 2020
- Online by Zoom, for Members
- Photographing People
Join us by Zoom to learn about photographing people in various locations and activities.
Rick Dalton , who was a competition judge in July 2019, started in photography as a hobby while in the U.S. Air Force, later working as a printer for Professional Photographers of America (PPA) Master Photographer Dale Brant and earning a bachelor’s degree in journalism from UT-Arlington. He also worked at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
In 1990 he started Dalton Photography. Rick focused on wedding and commercial photography and portraits and earned the PPA title of Certified Professional Photographer.
His clients have included, Associated Press, DFW Airport, Texas Ballet Theatre, Casa Mañana, Bell Helicopter, Brinks and others.
Members will receive log in instructons by email. We hope to expand our programs to the public, as participation and Zoom capabilities allow. Join us!
- 7 p.m., Tuesday, June 9, 2020
- Online, for Members
- Lightroom Tips from Master Photographer Robert Chura
Join others in the club in a Zoom workshop to learn Lightroom tips from Master photographer Robert Chura.
Bob will show us how he uses Lightroom Classic CC to enhance his photographs. Users of Lightroom 6 may follow along with most of the presentation.
This will be mostly for intermediate and advanced Lightroom users who know the basics of Lightroom tools. But the basics will apply to other software, and beginners will certainly get some good ideas from Bob’s presentation. Bob will go through a couple of his images and show how he uses Lightroom tools and brushes to enhance, make masks and improve the final image.
Bob is a Lifetime member of Fort Worth Camera Club. He regularly wins awards at monthly competition in both print and digital categories. Above, Window and Sink, an award winner in May competition.
This event will only be open to club members. Future events may be open to other followers, depending on participation and capacity of our Zoom membership.
If you have a suggestion for a workshop topic and/or presenter, contact Workshop Coordinator David Bee.