The Bird will continue to perch on the podium at Fort Worth Camera Club meetings in 2020. The club won the 2019 annual competition with the Dallas Camera Club by a score of 342 points to 325. Entries were collected and assembled by the clubs’ Competition Committees.
Judges reviewed 15 prints and 15 digital images from each club with a maximum score of 15 points per image. Fort Worth scored 171 points to edge Dallas’ 167 for digital images and 171 to 158 points for print images.
Judges viewed images Oct. 29 in Dallas. In 2020, the Emily Guthrie Smith competition will be held in Fort Worth. (As with monthly club competitions, judges are not members of either club and do not have information about entrants.)
The 2019 winners are:
- 1st Place – Rose X, Roy Richardson, Fort Worth
- 2nd Place – Tree and Moon, John Nixon, Fort Worth
- 3rd Place – Emergence, Shawn Gibson, Fort Worth
- Honorable Mention – Intense, Jerry Turner, Fort Worth
- 1st – Coming Home, David Morgan, Fort Worth; above
- 2nd – Magnified Moonflower, Clinton Kemp, Dallas
- 3rd – Wintertime, David Copeland, Fort Worth
- Honorable Mention – Speed Vaping, Ron Shue, Fort Worth
View the 15 digital entries below, learn more about the contest; find scores (members only.)
- 6 p.m. cash bar, reception
- 7 p.m. Mexican buffet
- Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019
- Mira Vista Country Club, 6600 Mira Vista Blvd., Fort Worth 76132; find a map
- $30 per person; buy tickets at club meetings Nov. 7 and Nov. 21 (cash or check)
Celebrate a year of Programs, Outings, Workshops and exceptional photography at the Fort Worth Camera Club’s annual Awards Banquet.
- Purchase $30 per person tickets from treasurer Michele Harmon at the Nov. 7 and 21 meetings.
Award winning print and digital images will be displayed, and you’ll have plenty of time to meet, greet, chat and enjoy our members’ photography skills. Awards will be presented to members who have entered competition and accrued points throughout the year.
Above, 2018 winners, from left, Hal Wallar, Robert Chura, Marsha Ezell and Ron Shue; below, Johanna Sherman and Jeff Heyer. Photos by Jack Wilkins.
- Fourth annual Fort Worth Camera Club Print Exhibit, Oct. 4-23
- Fort Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy St., 9 a..m.-5 p.m., Monday-Saturday
- Opening reception, 6-9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 4
The club will have its fourth annual member print exhibit at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center Oct. 4-23. An opening night reception will be from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 4.
We are exhibiting 32 prints from 19 members: (PDF 2019 FWCC Exhibit)
- Sharon Wright
- Angela Weir
- Robert Chura
- Mary McMahon
- John Nixon
- Sharon Sturgis
- Melody Schotte
- Greg Kopriva
- Ken Spencer
- Marsh Ezell
- Chad Fenner
- Roy Richardson
- David Bee
- Charles Morris
- Aimee Martin
- Amanda Brochu
- Ken Price
- Robert Gwynne
- Mark Rogers
The exhibit will be in the Back Gallery. “A Wider View,” panoramic prints by club member, exhibit organizer and Master photographer Ken Spencer will be on display in Gallery 6. Member Angela Wier’s “Endangered Eyes” images are displayed in the Fort Worth Zoo’s Through a Scope-2019 exhibit.
Fort Worth Community Arts Center is in the heart of the Cultural District, at 1300 Gendy St., across Lancaster (south) from the Amon Carter Museum. Center hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Parking is available in the adjacent garage and lots. Find a map.
Above, Magnolia Plantation by club president and exhibitor John Nixon; below, Fishing Pier, Port Aransas, by exhibit organizer and a past-president Ken Spencer.
- 7 p.m. June 6 and June 20, regular first and third Thursday meetings
- Add the club logo to existing or new clothing or other items
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.; find a map
If you have items or clothing on which you would like to add the Fort Worth Camera Club logo, bring them to the regularly scheduled June 6 or 20, 2019 meetings. Red Dog Studios can add our logo to shirts, blouses, T-shirts, hats, backpacks, camera bags – just about anything. New items also may be ordered from Red Dog Studios.
Place your item in a sealed bag with your name, contact information and preferred position of the logo. Bring the bagged item to the June 6 or June 20 meetings for collection and delivery to the vendor.
Group orders are made periodically so that the best price is available for members. The cost is $5 for 13 or more items or $5.75 for 3 to 12 items.
Fort Worth Camera Club members earned ribbons and plaques and celebrated the fun of photography at the the annual December year-end awards banquet.
Winning images and photographers/members received the highest point totals in monthly competition in 2018. Want to enter competition? Learn how.
Competition is open to members who have paid current year dues. Join us to share the fun, meet cool people and enjoy the challenge of photography.