Reminder: If you have reserved a spot in the club’s annual exhibit, plan to have them mounted, framed and delivered on Saturday morning, Sept. 28. Contact Ken Spencer.
- Fourth annual Fort Worth Camera Club Print Exhibit
- Fort Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy St.
- Friday, Oct. 4 through Wednesday, Oct. 23
- Contact Ken Spencer to reserve space.
The club will have its fourth annual member print exhibit at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center Oct. 4-23. An opening night reception will be from 6 to 9 p.m., Friday, Oct. 4.
Last year, we exhibited prints from 27 of our members, but there will be space for more prints in a larger gallery in 2019, says organizer and Master photographer Ken Spencer.
If you would like to submit a print for exhibit or would like more information, please contact Ken at club meetings beginning June 20. Here are guidelines:
- Submit the title of your print along with the horizontal dimension in inches of the frame (not the image) and the price, if for sale.
- Members may submit a second print, which will be included, if all prints have been submitted and space remains in the gallery.
- Member cost for the exhibit is based on the horizontal dimension of the frame, not the print. Cost for entering a 24-inch wide frame, for example, will be approximately $30.
- The arts center receives a 25 percent commission on any sale.
- Prints must be framed and ready to be hanged.
- Prints need to be brought to the Community Arts Center Saturday morning, Sept. 28.
- Fees may be paid to club treasurer Michele Harmon after the exhibit closes.
- Prints are to be picked up at the arts center, Thursday, Oct. 24. (The center may store them until Saturday, Oct. 26, if necessary.)
Fort Worth Community Arts Center is in the heart of the Cultural District, at 1300 Gendy St., across Lancaster (south) from the Amon Carter Museum. Center hours are from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Saturday. Parking is available in the adjacent garage and lots.
Above, prints on display at the 2018 exhibit, Ken Spencer
- Attend an event; all are open to anyone interested in photography, but competition is open only to members who have paid current year dues.
- Pay dues for the calendar year at the January meeting or upon joining.
- Dues are $40 for individuals and $20 for students age 18 or younger.
- Dues are reduced by 50 percent after July 1.
- Download and submit a PDF Membership Form 2019.
We meet at 7 p.m. the first and third Thursday of each month in the Fort Worth Cultural District, at the UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd. Our meeting room is in the Research and Education Building at the corner of Clifton Street and Camp Bowie. Enter the free parking lot and go to the lower level to Room 100, Everett Hall.
Come to a meeting, attend a workshop or an outing and join like-minded photography enthusiasts.
- 7 p.m. June 6 and June 20, regular first and third Thursday meetings
- Add the club logo to existing or new clothing or other items
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.; find a map
If you have items or clothing on which you would like to add the Fort Worth Camera Club logo, bring them to the regularly scheduled June 6 or 20, 2019 meetings. Red Dog Studios can add our logo to shirts, blouses, T-shirts, hats, backpacks, camera bags – just about anything. New items also may be ordered from Red Dog Studios.
Place your item in a sealed bag with your name, contact information and preferred position of the logo. Bring the bagged item to the June 6 or June 20 meetings for collection and delivery to the vendor.
Group orders are made periodically so that the best price is available for members. The cost is $5 for 13 or more items or $5.75 for 3 to 12 items.
Fort Worth Camera Club members earned ribbons and plaques and celebrated the fun of photography at the the annual December year-end awards banquet.
Winning images and photographers/members received the highest point totals in monthly competition in 2018. Want to enter competition? Learn how.
Competition is open to members who have paid current year dues. Join us to share the fun, meet cool people and enjoy the challenge of photography.
The Fort Worth Camera Club captured the 2018 annual competition with the Dallas Camera Club by a score of 345 to 338.
Judges reviewed 15 prints and 15 digital images from each club scoring each with the competition scale of 1-5.
Judges were Jeff Grimm, long-time instructor and member of the Association of Texas Photography Instructors; commercial photographer Steve Kozak; and David Thomason, Dallas-area photographer. Judges viewed images at the Oct. 4 meeting. (As with monthly club competitions, judges are not members of either club and do not have information about entrants.)
The 2018 top winners in each category are:
- 1st Place – Hal Waller, Fort Worth – The Eagle Hunter
- 2nd Place – Jeff Heyer, Fort Worth – An Evening in Manarola
- 3rd Place – Steve Donovan, Dallas – Reflections of Singapore
- Honorable Mention – Hugh Adams, Dallas – Calla Lillies
- 1st Place – David Morgan, Fort Worth – African Sunrise; above
- 2nd Place – Shelley Vandegrift, Dallas – Setting Sail
- 3rd Place – Alan Whiteside, Dallas – In Step
- Honorable Mention – Brian Fesko, Fort Worth – Nearly Chow Time
The Bird trophy will remain perched on the podium at club meetings in 2019; learn more about the contest; find scores (members only.)
View Fort Worth and Dallas digital entries and available print winners: