- Attend an event; all are open to anyone interested in photography, but competition is open only to members who have paid current year dues.
- Pay dues for the calendar year at the January meeting or upon joining.
- Dues are $40 for individuals and $20 for students age 18 or younger.
- Dues are reduced after July 1.
We meet at 7 p.m. the first and third Thursday of each month in the Fort Worth Cultural District, at the UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd. Our meeting room is in the Research and Education Building at the corner of Clifton Street and Camp Bowie. Enter the free parking lot and go to the lower level to Room 100, Everett Hall.
Come to a meeting, attend a workshop or an outing and join like-minded photography enthusiasts.
Above, Board Meeting on the Kokernot, Kelley Bussey
Fort Worth Camera Club members earned ribbons and plaques and celebrated the fun of photography at the the annual December year-end awards banquet.
Winning images and photographers/members received the highest point totals in monthly competition in 2018. Want to enter competition? Learn how.
Competition is open to members who have paid current year dues. Join us to share the fun, meet cool people and enjoy the challenge of photography.
The Fort Worth Camera Club captured the 2018 annual competition with the Dallas Camera Club by a score of 345 to 338.
Judges reviewed 15 prints and 15 digital images from each club scoring each with the competition scale of 1-5.
Judges were Jeff Grimm, long-time instructor and member of the Association of Texas Photography Instructors; commercial photographer Steve Kozak; and David Thomason, Dallas-area photographer. Judges viewed images at the Oct. 4 meeting. (As with monthly club competitions, judges are not members of either club and do not have information about entrants.)
The 2018 top winners in each category are:
- 1st Place – Hal Waller, Fort Worth – The Eagle Hunter
- 2nd Place – Jeff Heyer, Fort Worth – An Evening in Manarola
- 3rd Place – Steve Donovan, Dallas – Reflections of Singapore
- Honorable Mention – Hugh Adams, Dallas – Calla Lillies
- 1st Place – David Morgan, Fort Worth – African Sunrise; above
- 2nd Place – Shelley Vandegrift, Dallas – Setting Sail
- 3rd Place – Alan Whiteside, Dallas – In Step
- Honorable Mention – Brian Fesko, Fort Worth – Nearly Chow Time
The Bird trophy will remain perched on the podium at club meetings in 2019; learn more about the contest; find scores (members only.)
View Fort Worth and Dallas digital entries and available print winners:
- Add the club logo to existing or new items.
- Drop off at Red Dog Studios or when a group order is scheduled.
If you have items or clothing on which you would like to add the Fort Worth Camera Club logo, stop by or log in to Red Dog Studios in Fort Worth. Red Dog Studios can add our logo to shirts, blouses, T-shirts, hats, backpacks, camera bags – just about anything.
Group orders are made periodically so that the best price is available for members. When group orders are planned, they will be announced at club meetings. Contact Susan Horton.
Red Dog Studios hours are 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., at 2927 Morton Street, 76107, in the busy Seventh Street shopping and entertainment area. Validated parking is free in the lot across the street.
There is a mail slot large enough for a shirt or small item for after-hours drop-offs. Place your item in a sealed bag with your name and contact information and preferred position of the logo, with any items submitted after hours. New items may be ordered online.