These are digital competition entries for March 2020. We’re sharing everyone’s creativity during this trying time; we hope you will enjoy the talents of Fort Worth Camera Club members and be inspired to make great images.
We also publish the monthly winners in our Award Winning Images post. Some print images are included.
Stay healthy and safe, follow COVID-19 protection precautions.
Due to the gathering restrictions that forced the cancellation of our Fort Worth Camera Club meetings, your Contest Committee has made these changes to our contests until we can resume meeting in person.
- The Print contest will be canceled until we can resume public gatherings.
- The Digital contest will continue as usual. So please continue to participate and turn in your images by midnight of the first Thursday of the month – April 2, May 7 and June 4. Monthly entries will be published on the website by the second Thursday meeting.
- Competition winners will be published on this website in the Award Winning Images post.
- Print entries from the March contest will be held until the next meeting.
- Learn more about Competition, find contest PDF 2020 Competition Guidelines
If you have any questions, please contact Shawn Gibson or Ken Spencer .
Thank you, stay safe.
Fort Worth Camera Club Competition Committee
Be sure to follow Corona virus (COVID-19) precautions: stay home if you are coughing or feel sick or think you may have been exposed, cough and sneeze into your elbow rather than your hands, don’t shake hands, don’t touch your face, use hand sanitizer.
Our regularly scheduled March 19, April and May meetings at UNTHSC have been cancelled due to concerns about COVID-19, the novel corona virus.
We meet at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, which has closed its public meeting rooms through the end of May to help protect its campus and students, and the many community members who use its facilities.
Medical professionals and the Centers for Disease Control recommend that we avoid gatherings and groups to help manage the virus. About 100 people regularly attend our first and third Thursday meetings.
These monthly meetings at UNTHSC are cancelled:
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
- April 28 workshop
- May 7
- May 21
Please follow us on Facebook and this website for updated information about club activities. We will provide additional information about outings not at UNTHSC, competition, programs and future events on these sites and by email. Thank you for your membership and your understanding.
We encourage you to consult with your health care provider and follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and its experts in the study, treatment and prevention of viral illness. Here are tips:
- If you feel ill, have a cough or shortness of breath, stay home and contact your medical provider.
- If you think you may have been exposed to the corona virus, stay home and contact your medical provider.
- Avoid large gatherings and groups of people.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Don’t shake hands with others.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds (Sing the Happy Birthday Song twice).
- Use hand sanitizer; let it dry on your hands.
Find current information from these sources:
We hope to see you at an outing or future meeting. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.
These images are winners in monthly club member competitions.
Images are identified by title; award (1st, 2nd, 3rd, honorable mention, Best in Show); category (B = Beginner, A = Advanced, M= Master); followed by photographer’s name, date. If images are slow to load, recycle the page.
View all entries beginning in March 2020. We’re sharing all entries from our talented members during our meeting hiatus. Competition will continue online, and we hope you will be inspired to enter each month.
Enjoy, but remember: these images are copyrighted by the photographer. Contact us on Facebook or by email if you want more information. Or, do an online search for “stock photos.”
Our regularly scheduled April and May meetings at UNTHSC have been cancelled due to concerns about COVID-19 and the novel corona virus. Stay safe, all.
- Attend a meeting or activity; all are open to anyone interested in photography.
- Pay dues for the calendar year at the January meeting or upon joining. ($40 for individuals; $20, students age 18 or younger.) Download and submit the PDF 2020 Membership Form
We meet from 7 to 9 p.m. on the first and third Thursday of each month (except December.) Our meeting location is UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas, 76107.
The UNT Health Science Center is across the street (north) from the Amon Carter Museum. Our meeting room is on the lower floor of the Research and Education Building at the corner of Clifton Street and Camp Bowie Boulevard. Enter the free parking lot and go to the lower level – indicated by the star above – to find Room 100, Everett Hall. (The yellow PA on the above map refers to the Parking Attendant kiosk which operates from 8 a.m.-5 p.m.)
- View a video guide from the parking lot to the meeting room: