Programs, workshops and outings provide members with opportunities to learn about creativity and artistry, technology and software, photo gear and equipment and other topics of interest to our members. Speakers include local and regional experts.
Learn more from the links below or on our Facebook page.
- 7 p.m., March 7: Finding Abstracts, Seeing Patterns, Kirsten Gallon
- 7 p.m., April 4: TBD
- 7 p.m., May 2 : Travel Photography, Jeremy Woodhouse
- 7 p.m., June 6: Creativity, Kipp Baker
Programs at our first Thursday meeting feature a presentation by local or national experts, and monthly competition entries are due. Our third Thursday gathering is competition entry review, with judge’s comments and awards. Programs begin at 7 p.m. unless otherwise indicated. Contact club president John Nixon with topic suggestions.
- 7 p.m., Feb. 26: Lightroom, Part 3, John Nixon
- 7 p.m., March 12: Birds in Focus, Jerry Turner
- 7 p.m., April 9: hyper-focus and focus stacking, two useful techniques for processing, John Nixon and Ken Spencer
Workshops provide tools and knowledge to improve photography skills. Workshops are free or low cost. Suggest a topic to John Nixon.
- Find images from Outings.
- 8 a.m. Feb. 23: Dallas Blooms at the Dallas Arboretum
- May 20-25: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Club outings are scheduled to allow us to enjoy photographing nature, places, events and people primarily in the north Texas area. Outings are free or low-cost; participants pay for food, gas and transportation. Contact Outings chair Mark Rogers.