- 7 p.m., Tuesday, April 18, 2023
- How Did You Get That Image, presented by Shawn Gibson
- Dial in with Zoom: Meeting ID 836 7637 8531; Passcode 051567
- Dead Rose 3, above, earned third place in 2022 year-end competition and second place in August 2022 Advanced print competition.
Join photographer Shawn Gibson for our monthly workshop that explains the photographer’s vision and technique.
This workshop will be an in-depth, but casual, presentation hosted by club president Jeff Heyer that will discuss the following:
- Equipment used in the taking of the image.
- Location where the image was taken.
- Technical aspects of how the image was shot, such as ISO, F-stop, shutter speed, tripod, shutter release, lighting, etc.
- How was the image processed, Lightroom or Photoshop, special processing used?
- How did the photographer conceive the image, was it spontaneous or planned?
- What were the thoughts on the image before entering it in a competition?
- A discussion about the photographer’s journey to whatever level they are in the club.
- Any other questions about what makes this an outstanding image.
Shawn competes in the Advanced competition category and regularly wins awards. He is a member of the Competition Committee.
Fort Worth Camera Club Workshops are free and open to anyone interested in photography. Competition is open only to members who have paid current year dues; join us!