- 5:30 a.m. Saturday, Feb. 25, 2023
- Grapevine Vintage Railroad and Train Station, 815 S. Main Street, Grapevine
- Meet early for blue hour and sunrise photographs; otherwise come when you choose.
- Stay for breakfast at 10:30 a.m. at Willhoite’s Restaurant
- Photo opportunities include the historic Cotton Belt Depot and its displays, vintage locomotives
- Depot blue hour photo by John Nixon
Grapevine is the oldest Anglo settlement in Tarrant County, founded in 1844 when several families arrived in the geographical area known as Cross Timbers-Grapevine Prairie. In 1888, the St. Louis, Arkansas and Texas Railway reached Grapevine, making it an agricultural trade center.
Fast forward to 1965 when land acquisition and construction began for Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. Grapevine’s population boomed and the airport and its associated businesses became the city’s largest employer.
Learn more about Fort Worth Camera Club activities.