Above, Fort Worth Public Market, September 2022 photo challenge subject, submitted by Ken Sparks. Find more on our Facebook page. Find guidelines and topics below. Please be safe during our hot Texas weather: stay hydrated, wear sunscreen and protective clothing.
The monthly challenge with no scores or judging continues in 2022. Photos are shared at the second Thursday Competition meeting for everyone’s enjoyment.
JAN 11 Night Lights: holiday lights, neon light
FEB. 8 Fort Worth Stock Show (Jan. 14-Feb. 5) (other than Dickies Arena events
MAR 8 Cowtown Marathon (Feb 26-27)
APRIL 12 Log Cabin Village, 2100 Log Cabin Lane, Fort Worth
MAY 10 Main Street Arts Festival, (April 7-10) Fort Worth
JUN 14 Chua Huong Doa Buddhist Temple (exterior), 4717 E. Rosedale, Fort Worth
JUL 12 Night or Day Photography in downtown Fort Worth
AUG 9 Sundance Square in downtown Fort Worth
SEP 13 Fort Worth Public Market (exterior), 1400 Henderson, Fort Worth
OCT 11 Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd., Fort Worth
NOV 8 Sinclair Station Restoration, 3725 McCart Ave., Fort Worth
The Photo Challenge will be separate from monthly member competition and will not have scores or awards; it’s for fun, sharing ideas and learning how other members view the same subjects. Here’s how it works:
- Each month has an assigned subject.
- Photos must be taken after Nov. 16, 2021.
- Members may enter up to three images each month.
- The images will be shown during our Zoom meeting on a Tuesday following our workshop and posted as a group on Facebook as an album.
- The images will be displayed in no particular order and the photographer’s name will be announced. Questions and positive comments are welcome as the image is shown. We want to enjoy the range of creativity of our members.
Submission of Images
- Rename your images using your first and last name with a space in between; put a number 2 after your name if entering a second image; put a number 3 after your name if entering a third image.
- No need to remove metadata.
- Re-size your images to 1920 pixels wide and 1280 pixels high
- New email address: Email them to email@example.com on or before midnight of the 2nd Tuesday of the month with a subject line of “FWCC Photo Challenge Submission.”
Challenge Committee members are Ken Sparks, Ken Spencer and Vicki Lai.