- 9-11 a.m., Thursday, Sept. 8, 2022
- Fort Worth Botanic Garden, 3220 Botanic Garden Blvd, Fort Worth, Texas. (View a Google map.)
- Admission Fee: $12 per adult; $10 for those age 65 and older; free for members.
- Equipment: Tripods are permitted for FWCC members for this outing.
- Parking is free. Attendees may meet in the foyer of the main building (not the BRIT building.)
Note that this is a weekday and a morning outing, scheduled to avoid heat and crowds. Our focus is the Japanese Garden, but participants may want to make note of other areas to explore. Our Fun Photo Challenge for October also is the Botanic Garden.
The Japanese Garden opened in 1973. It includes a zen area, koi pool and a variety of plants, including bamboo, Japanese maple and cherry trees.
The popular Moon Bridge, below, is visible, but being repaired according to traditional Japanese building standards. The garden is a member of the North American Japanese Garden Association.