- 7 p.m., Thursday, May 5, 2022
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.; find a map
- Macrophotography; Focus Stacking for Macro, From Setup to Final Image, presented by Irwin Lightstone
- View Irwin’s images, below
Irwin Lightstone specializes in highly detailed, artistic images of cacti and succulents. He will set up a macrophotography session and demonstrate the focus stacking techniques and software he uses to capture detailed images.
His photos are widely published and collected. Publications that featured his work include the “Cactus and Succulent Journal,” “Hasseltonia,” “Sansevieria,” and “CactusWorld.”
In addition to private workshops and numerous programs for plant societies and photography clubs throughout the country, Irwin has led workshops and programs sponsored by the Dallas Museum of Art, the International Photography Hall of Fame, The Huntington, the North America Association of Nature Photography, and the CSSA. Irwin is the longtime president of the North Texas Cactus and Succulent Society and a member of the Board of Directors of the Cactus and Succulent Society of America.
Entries are due for monthly competition at this meeting. Submit your digital entry by midnight. Submit a digital image of your print entry by midnight and bring prints to the meeting for delivery to the judge. Competition is open to members who have paid current year dues; pay for 2022 when you enter.
- Learn more about Competition and entry submission requirements.
- Download a 2022 FWCC Member Enrollment and follow directions on the Adobe fillable PDF form to join the club.
We encourage attendees to follow CDC guidelines, observe social distancing and other precautions suitable for their circumstances. If you have questions, contact your personal physician or caregiver.