- Re-visit this program on Zoom (expires April 18): https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/OOLWftxv7CExrQtijTyPfArFofkqpBVwDyegj7XscQ35fiDWP47vXk06eqlDOfU.i6wfErA3ZAC1jmOe
- 7 p.m., Thursday, June 2, 2022
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.; find a map
- Wildlife: From Yellowstone to Patagonia, presented by Larry Petterborg
One need not go to Alaska or Africa to photograph wild animals, but that is fun and rewarding. Wildlife is everywhere. Wherever you find yourself, you will encounter wild creatures and you will be able to document those moments.
Says Larry: “In this presentation, I will talk about photographing wildlife in all its various forms from Yellowstone National Park in North America down to Patagonia in South America with stops in between at wildlife refuges, parks and private ranches.”
He is president of Dallas Camera Club, a member of Plano Photography Club and a member of the Heard Nature Photographers Club. He uses Olympus equipment.
Larry was born and raised in Utah. He earned two degrees in biology from the University of Utah, served in the U.S. Army, and then moved to Texas to pursue another degree at the UT Health Science Center in San Antonio. While there, he joined the Woodlawn Camera Club, now the Greater San Antonio Camera Club, and since has been actively involved in club photography. He is a retired instructor from Texas Woman’s University School of Physical Therapy.
Entries are due for monthly competition at this meeting. Submit your digital entry by midnight. Submit a digital image of your print entry by midnight and bring prints to the meeting for delivery to the judge. Competition is open to members who have paid current year dues; pay for 2022 when you enter.
- Learn more about Competition and entry submission requirements.
- Download a 2022 FWCC Member Enrollment and follow directions on the Adobe fillable PDF form to join the club.
We encourage attendees to follow CDC guidelines, observe social distancing and other precautions suitable for their circumstances. If you have questions, contact your personal physician or caregiver.
Photos by Larry.