- 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 7, 2021
- Watch on Zoom (expires Oct. 12, 2021); https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/mbTHucfv0UeXt1N5s58iB9voFyG2bwFAUypn6Cged9EevCLb8G-Pd4q8Ddivc1vk.nMy1uoRrZjoe9zbA
- Panoramic Photographs at the National Archives and Records Administration and Hidden Treasure: Uncovering Panoramic Photographs of Alaska Territory, presented by Richard Schneider.
Richard Schneider is a records analyst in the preservation division of the National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) headquartered in College Park, Maryland and Washington, D.C. His presentation will discuss:
- What is NARA?
- Record Groups
- Still Picture Holdings
- NARA records related to panoramas (cartographic, textual such as patent drawings)
- How panoramic photographs are made
- Assembled digital and negative
- Still picture panoramas
- Panoramas hiding in plain sight
- Hoffmann glass negatives
- How to research online and on site
- Selection of digital panoramas
View Schneider’s curated exhibit Hidden Treasure: Uncovering Panoramic Photographs of Alaska Territory.
Schneider previously was editor of the Journal of the International Association of Panoramic Photographers and with Trans-Ocean Photos, Inc. He is a graduate of the Rochester Institute of Technology and Skidmore College.