- 7 p.m., Thursday, June 3, 2021
- View the recording here: https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/fdSLUzja9SwXuX8t5XchGV1XopO1-vh8rVi_JKLoXLmDqc5reyNmZ8ziG7MeiYCY.R6QrL-uWwRXsmpeJ
- The Photo Trip – What I Do, presented by Ron Shue
- Above, Bosque del Apache, New Mexico, one of Ron’s favorites
Club member and Master photographer Ron Shue often hits the road to capture award winning images. Learn from Ron what equipment he takes with him and how he plans for a successful trip.
“My program is a summary of how I would answer the question – When you are going out on a photo trip – what do you do?” Topics include:
- how to plan a trip
- what equipment to carry and why
- how to decide what images to make
- thoughts on photo processing.
The above image of Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge represents planning and execution discussed in the program, he says.
Ron is a member of both the Fort Worth and Cowtown Camera Clubs and is president of the Cowtown club. He has been awarded Photographer of the Year multiple times. He participates in the Gulf States Camera Club Council and Photographic Society of America.
Says Ron, “Destination photo trips is how I satisfy my interests. I travel a lot – so much so that I now have a lifetime Platinum membership at American Airlines.”
- July 1 – Photography is Art, John Rohrbach, Senior Curator of Photographs, Amon Carter Museum of American Art
- Aug. 5 – Photographing Dallas During the Pandemic, Nikola Olic, abstract/structure photographer