- Saturday, May 15, 2021, Clark Gardens
- Sept. 4-12, Taos, New Mexico
- Independent travel to location; COVID precautions followed
- Above, Clark Gardens, Larry Pillers
We have outings planned! Find the 2021 PDF Outings Calendar.
We will have our first 2021 group outing on Saturday, May 15, at Clark Gardens, which is west of Weatherford and east of Mineral Wells. It is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Some members may arrive promptly at 8 a.m. for the early light and others might arrive later. The plan is to travel separately and maintain safe distancing while shooting there. Tripods are allowed.
- Website: clarkgardens.org
- Address: 567 Maddux Road, Weatherford, TX 76088
- Phone: (940) 682-4856
- Admission: $9; $7 for older adults
- Distance from downtown Fort Worth: 45 miles (50 minutes) via I-20 and US-180.
Taos, New Mexico
Our Outings Chairperson, Marsha Ezell, is finalizing the details for a camera club trip to and from Taos, New Mexico from Sept. 4 to 12. A detailed itinerary will be shared once it is finalized. Anyone thinking of going should immediately make refundable hotel reservations in Taos for the nights of Sept. 5-10 since they are always scarce during that time period. (You can always change your mind later.) Some hotel/motel possibilities are as follows:
Downtown – best area for night photography
- Historic Taos Inn, 125 Paseo Del Pueblo Norte; 575-758-2233
- World Mart Taos, 229-Passo De Pueblo Norte; 575-751-3275
Away from downtown
- Sage Brush Inn & Suite, 1508 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur; 575-758-2254
- Quality Inn, 1043 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur; 575-758-2200
- Super 8, 1347 Paseo Del Pueblo Sur; 575-613-1912