Updated with more detailed submission instructions. Have fun!
Start now to exercise your photo skills with our new monthly Photo Challenge.
Long-time club member Ken Spencer said it best:
“It gives members a chance to get out of the house and shoot on their own, since we are not currently having club outings. It’s also a chance to show their interpretation of a scene without trying to please a judge.”
The Photo Challenge will be separate from monthly member competition and will not have scores or awards; it’s for fun, sharing ideas and learning how other members view the same subjects. Here’s how it works:
- Each month has an assigned subject.
- Photos must be taken after Dec. 3, 2020.
- Members may enter up to two images each month.
- Rename your images using your first and last name with a space in between; put a number 2 after your name if entering a second image
- No need to remove metadata.
- Re-size your images to 1920 pixels wide and 1280 pixels high
- Email them to email@example.com on or before midnight of the 2nd Thursday of the month with a subject line of “Photo Challenge.”
- Initial topics are precise locations so the resulting images can be easily compared to images taken by other members. If the topic is too broad, there will be no basis for comparison and defeats the reason for this challenge. The initial topics are at outdoor locations to minimize coronavirus exposures. None of the locations have entry fees.
- The images will be posted on Facebook by each member and also shown at the conclusion of judged entries on the third Thursday of each month since some members are not on Facebook. The images will be displayed in no particular order and the photographer’s name will be announced. The entries will not be judged or scored. We want to enjoy the range of creativity of our members.
2021 Photo Challenge submission deadlines and topics
- Jan. 14 – Old Tarrant County Courthouse, 100 E. Weatherford, Fort Worth
- Feb. 11 – Abandoned grain elevators, 3700 Alice St., Fort Worth
- March 11 – 7th Street Bridge near downtown Fort Worth
- April 14 – St. John Anglican Church, 2401 College Ave., Fort Worth
- May 13 – Fort Worth Water Gardens, 1502 Commerce St, Fort Worth
- June 10 – Sundance Square (bounded by 3rd, 4th, Commerce and Houston streets), Fort Worth
Once the coronavirus pandemic is over and we can resume monthly outings, we might use one month’s outing location as the topic for the following month.
- Download this information: 2021 Fun Photo Challenge
Challenge Committee members are Ken Sparks, Ken Spencer and Vicki Lai. Above, The Wild Bunch, spotted by past club president Roy O’Rear in downtown Fort Worth, on Houston Street.