Our regularly scheduled March 19, April and May meetings at UNTHSC have been cancelled due to concerns about COVID-19, the novel corona virus.
We meet at the University of North Texas Health Science Center, which has closed its public meeting rooms through the end of May to help protect its campus and students, and the many community members who use its facilities.
Medical professionals and the Centers for Disease Control recommend that we avoid gatherings and groups to help manage the virus. About 100 people regularly attend our first and third Thursday meetings.
These monthly meetings at UNTHSC are cancelled:
- March 19
- April 2
- April 16
- April 28 workshop
- May 7
- May 21
Please follow us on Facebook and this website for updated information about club activities. We will provide additional information about outings not at UNTHSC, competition, programs and future events on these sites and by email. Thank you for your membership and your understanding.
We encourage you to consult with your health care provider and follow guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and its experts in the study, treatment and prevention of viral illness. Here are tips:
- If you feel ill, have a cough or shortness of breath, stay home and contact your medical provider.
- If you think you may have been exposed to the corona virus, stay home and contact your medical provider.
- Avoid large gatherings and groups of people.
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow, not your hands.
- Don’t shake hands with others.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds (Sing the Happy Birthday Song twice).
- Use hand sanitizer; let it dry on your hands.
Find current information from these sources:
We hope to see you at an outing or future meeting. In the meantime, please stay safe and healthy.