The Bird will continue to perch on the podium at Fort Worth Camera Club meetings in 2020. The club won the 2019 annual competition with the Dallas Camera Club by a score of 342 points to 325. Entries were collected and assembled by the clubs’ Competition Committees.
Judges reviewed 15 prints and 15 digital images from each club with a maximum score of 15 points per image. Fort Worth scored 171 points to edge Dallas’ 167 for digital images and 171 to 158 points for print images.
Judges viewed images Oct. 29 in Dallas. In 2020, the Emily Guthrie Smith competition will be held in Fort Worth. (As with monthly club competitions, judges are not members of either club and do not have information about entrants.)
The 2019 winners are:
- 1st Place – Rose X, Roy Richardson, Fort Worth
- 2nd Place – Tree and Moon, John Nixon, Fort Worth
- 3rd Place – Emergence, Shawn Gibson, Fort Worth
- Honorable Mention – Intense, Jerry Turner, Fort Worth
- 1st – Coming Home, David Morgan, Fort Worth; above
- 2nd – Magnified Moonflower, Clinton Kemp, Dallas
- 3rd – Wintertime, David Copeland, Fort Worth
- Honorable Mention – Speed Vaping, Ron Shue, Fort Worth