- 7-9 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 3, 2019
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.; find a map to our meeting location
- Photographic Portraiture, Gabriel Alonso
Learn how to plan and make compelling portraits of your family, friends and pets from nationally known master photographer and portraitist Gabriel Alonzo.
Alonzo will discuss planning and preparation, which he describes as the most important part of the portraiture process. Planning includes:
- Discussing subject expectations
- Determining location, style, and mood of the image
- Selecting clothing and accessories
- Considering display, framing or other decorative use of an artistic portrait
Gabriel holds the Master of Photography and Photographic Craftsman degrees presented by the Professional Photographers of America and the Certified Professional Photographer qualification.
He also is a member of the Board of Governors of the American Society of Photographers and a Qualified International Image Juror with the Professional Photographers of America.
Gabriel was formerly manager and portrait artist at Gittings, McWhirter Portrait Studios at Neiman Marcus, Houston, and Wyndham-Leigh Portraiture in Washington, D.C., Fort Worth and Dallas.
Gabriel has lectured at national and local photographic associations and has judged Fort Worth Camera Club competitions, most recently in March 2019.