Did you miss the May 28 workshop? John has generously made his presentation available for download and review: PDF Night Photography May 2019 John Nixon Learn even more at the July 9 follow-up workshop, which will discuss the variety of software available to enhance night images.
- 7-9 p.m., Tuesdays, May 28 and July 9, 2019
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie; find a map to our meeting room
- Night Photography Part 1 and Part 2, John Nixon
Master photographer and club president John Nixon will lead a workshop about night photography, the popular technique that allows photographers to capture the Milky Way, stars and swirls, plus landscapes and structures.
Night Photography Part 1 will cover these topics:
- how to focus your camera
- how to compose in the dark
- how to calculate exposure time
- how to deal with noise, light painting, equipment and other processes
- We will talk about equipment, locations, what to photograph at night and various techniques to use in difficult situations.
The free workshop will be geared to beginning night photographers; we welcome everyone who has tips and ideas to share.
Night Photography Part 2 will be from 7 to 9 p.m. Tuesday, July 9 and will cover any topics remaining from Part 1, plus advice on how to process your images. John also will discuss his preferred software and various techniques to handle adverse situations.
Above, John’s image of Bryce Point Trail, Bryce Canyon National Park, Utah.