Drew Hendrix has generously made his presentation available here: PDF Making and Enjoying Prints Drew Hendrix
- 7-9 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 5, 2019
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.; find a map to our meeting room
- The Importance of Print: Enjoying and Preserving Your Work, Drew Hendrix, president, Red River Paper
Learn tips, tricks, and more about the photo printing process from Drew Hendrix, president of Red River Paper. Red River offers digital image capture, editing and output with inkjet printing. The Dallas company has been in operation since 1997.
Drew’s presentation will discuss:
- Paper types and characteristics.
- How to select paper for your print.
- How to prepare an image for print.
- Calibrating your printer.
- Cost of printing and mounting.
Fort Worth Camera Club monthly competition includes print categories that allow members to showcase their skills. Prints are displayed at the club’s second Thursday meeting and at the annual Awards Banquet in December.
The club’s annual public exhibit also gives members an opportunity to display and sell printed and mounted images. This year’s show will be Oct. 4-23 at the Fort Worth Community Arts Center, 1300 Gendy. Contact Ken Spencer for information.
Drew has been with Red River Paper since 1997 and president since 2016. He is a graduate of the University of Texas at Austin and completed an entrepreneurship certificate program from Dallas County Community College.
Above, Bryce Canyon National Park, by Laurie Excell, printed at Red River.