- 7 to 9 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 1, 2019
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie Blvd.; find a map to the room location
- How I Got the Shot, presented by David Bee, K.P. Wilska, Shawn Gibson, Jerry Turner, Marsha Ezell and Philip Wallar
Six award winning club members will explain How I Got the Shot, a presentation about their successful efforts to capture a favorite and winning image at August’s first Thursday meeting.
The discussion will include:
- Where the image was made.
- What factors affected making the image, i.e., weather, lighting, time of day, difficulty of subject, other interesting circumstances and details.
- What camera, equipment and software was used.
- Suggestions, tips and ideas for other photographers.
- David Bee, who also will present a macrophotography workshop on Aug. 13.
- K.P. Wilska, whose print image in Death Valley won Best of Show in March.
- Shawn Gibson, whose image of a lilac breasted roller was a first place winner in June.
- Jerry Turner, who presented a workshop about bird photography in March.
- Marsha Ezell, who organized the club’s Great Smoky Mountains outing in May.
- Philip (Hal) Waller, who coordinates competition judges.
Program coordinated by Michele Harmon, Fort Worth Camera Club board member/treasurer; above, Jerry Turner’s Teton Autumn; below, Marsha Ezell’s beach, Hal Wallar’s Wizard of Jada, Shawn Gibson’s lilac breasted roller, David Bee’s heron and K.P. Wilska’s Death Valley sunset.