- 7 p.m. Thursday, March 7, 2019
- UNT Health Science Center, 3500 Camp Bowie; find a map
- Kirsten Gallon, Finding Creative and Abstract Patterns
Learn about finding abstract designs and patterns in all types of images from Kirsten Gallon at our first Thursday meeting in March. She will offer ideas and tips to help photographers view their surroundings with a different eye, in search of patterns within the ordinary.
Kirsten says: “Photography to me isn’t about taking pictures, it’s about creating images … Anybody can take a picture, but it takes a skilled person to create images that have either an emotional, spiritual connection or a personal attachment. Photography is a constant learning environment. There is always something new or something challenging when one is out creating … the art and skill involved always challenges me … to capture what my eyes see with what my camera is able to produce.
- View Kirsten’s images. Above, “Glow Ashore.”
She previously worked for the Fort Worth Business Press, and was chosen as an Emerging Artist for Fort Worth Main Street Arts Festival and Southlake Art in the Square. Kirsten has received awards from Fort Worth Art in the Garden, Plains Indians and Pioneers Museum and Weatherford Peach Festival.
She is a journalism graduate of the University of Oklahoma.
- Find more club programs, outings and workshops open to anyone interested in photography. Join us!