- May 20-25, 2019
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee and North Carolina
- Participants are responsible for travel, park fees, lodging and food.
Join club member and master photographer Marsha Ezell in May 2019 at a long-distance, informal outing in Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
This is a loosely organized outing, says Marsha, who previously has traveled to the park and loves its photo opportunities. “The park is good for non-walkers and super heroes, there are on-the-road areas and hard hikes that take photographers to fabulous waterfalls,” she says. “The great draw of the Smokies is water. There are cascades, waterfalls and still water, everywhere.”
- For information about the trip or hotels, contact Marsha.
- If you are interested in RV-ing as a group, contact club member Chad Fenner.
- Find more information from Marsha: PDF-Marsha-Ezell-Outing-GSMNP-2019
There are photogenic cabins, churches, mills and a school, crafts and artists, the Eastern Cherokee Reservation and the early morning fog that gives the park its name. The park is in the Blue Ridge Mountains, about 950 miles east of Fort Worth.
To learn about the park, go to:
Photos, Grotto Falls and trillium grandiflorum, U.S. National Park Service