The Fort Worth Camera Club captured the 2018 annual competition with the Dallas Camera Club by a score of 345 to 338.
Judges reviewed 15 prints and 15 digital images from each club scoring each with the competition scale of 1-5.
Judges were Jeff Grimm, long-time instructor and member of the Association of Texas Photography Instructors; commercial photographer Steve Kozak; and David Thomason, Dallas-area photographer. Judges viewed images at the Oct. 4 meeting. As with monthly club competitions, judges are not members of either club and do not have information about entrants.
The 2018 top winners in each category are:
- 1st Place – Hal Waller, Fort Worth – The Eagle Hunter
- 2nd Place – Jeff Heyer, Fort Worth – An Evening in Manarola
- 3rd Place – Steve Donovan, Dallas – Reflections of Singapore
- Honorable Mention – Hugh Adams, Dallas – Calla Lillies
- 1st Place – David Morgan, Fort Worth – African Sunrise; above
- 2nd Place – Shelley Vandegrift, Dallas – Setting Sail
- 3rd Place – Alan Whiteside, Dallas – In Step
- Honorable Mention – Brian Fesko, Fort Worth – Nearly Chow Time
View Fort Worth and Dallas digital entries and available print winners: